The NSW Government's Smart and Skilled Fee-Free Scholarships mean that students can get training to get the skills they need to get the job they want and their course fees will be covered.
Smart and Skilled Fee-Free Scholarships are available for:
- young people who are eligible for a concession fee
- young people who are or have been in out-of-home care
- people who are experiencing or have experienced domestic and family violence and their dependants.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible for a Fee-Free Scholarship, you must:
- be wanting to study a Smart and Skilled subsidised Certificate I, Certificate II, Certificate III or Certificate IV level qualification on the NSW Skills List, including those qualifications that support apprenticeships and traineeships (use the Course Finder); and
- meet the Smart and Skilled eligibility criteria.
- be aged between 15 and 30 years when you start training; and
- be either the recipient of a specific Australian Government welfare benefit or allowance or the dependant of such a recipient (please refer to the fact sheet Smart and Skilled Fee-Free Scholarships – For concession-eligible students below for further details as to eligibility); or
- be aged 15-17 years and currently in out-of-home care or aged 18-30 years and previously have been in out-of-home care (please refer to the fact sheet Smart and Skilled Fee-Free Scholarships - For young people in out-of-home care below for further details as to eligibility)
- be aged 15 years or over and have a letter of recommendation from a domestic and family violence service, refuge or other support agency (please refer to the fact sheet Smart and Skilled Fee-Free Scholarships – For people who are experiencing or have experienced domestic and family violence below for further details as to eligibility and information about organisations which can provide the letter).
The following fact sheets may be of use:
Students with any questions regarding their Smart and Skilled Fee-Free Scholarship eligibility, should contact Training Services NSW Customer Support Centre on 1300 772 104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Providers requiring assistance with managing any aspect of their Smart and Skilled contract, should contact Training Market Customer Support email@example.com or call 1300 772 104.
Back to Top
Page last updated: 26 July 2017